Tuesday – Thursday 9:00 – 5:00
Rates and Insurance
50-55 minute Counseling Session: $150
Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check, credit, debit, or medical flex savings cards.
Psychotherapy (counseling) is usually covered in full or in part by your health insurance plan. Each policy is different, so please check your coverage on your insurance company’s website or by calling member services. Contact info is usually listed on your card.
- You may need a referral or authorization for mental health services, but that happens very infrequently.
- Some insurance companies may oversee your usage of mental health services, and may restrict the number of sessions they will cover. This also happens very infrequently with most companies.
- Your copayment is probably noted on the card. Generally, but not always, mental health providers are considered “specialists.”
- If I have not contracted with your insurance company, I am considered an “out of network” provider, and your coverage, copayment, and deductible may be different. If you are concerned about this, check with your insurer to determine what your out of network coverage is – or isn’t.
- Some polices require a deductible be met before they begin paying any benefits, especially when using out of network benefits. If so, you will be responsible for paying for services in full until that deductible is met and your insurance company begins to cover at least some of the cost of your sessions.
- Medicare: Federal law does not permit Licensed Professional Counselors to be Medicare providers. Regrettably, there are no out of network benefits with Medicare.
I am in the provider network of the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO/POS
- Healthcare Payors
- Horizon PPO and HMO